Take advantage of an amazing day out in County Durham with some of our top tips below. Get ready to cheer on the riders as they take on the 100 or 50 mile challenge!
Check out our top tips for spectators:
- Signs at the ready! Make your own signs, bring your flags, and get ready to cheer and clap to give the riders the boost they need.
- Come rain or shine… dress appropriately and bring sun cream or a raincoat as required!
- Stay hydrated and bring water with you, or why not pop into one of the fantastic local tea shops or pubs along the route to stay refreshed?
- Plan your travel: Satellite Navigation Systems such as Google Maps will recognise the road closures and can offer alternative routes. You can also take a look at the road closures here to figure out the best route.
- Parking: Think about parking and plan your route ahead using appropriate parking locations. Please respect our hosts and do not block any exits, lanes, bridleways or other vehicles. Leave enough space for emergency vehicle access.
Take a look at our best places to watch on the day! The finish is in Durham City Centre where spectators will be welcoming riders back, but there are plenty of other great viewing locations all around the cycling route, so why not make the most of the celebratory atmosphere throughout County Durham?
Spectator events along the route
Numerous businesses along the route will be throwing open their doors to welcome spectators and the local community to enjoy the celebrations. Please check back soon for details on spectator events and places to watch along the route.
If you would like to put something on where you live on the route, get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on this page.